Organisers of the much coveted Africa Travel 100 women’s award, Akwaaba African Travel Market and African Travel Quarterly (ATQnew.com) have released the names of Top 30 vote winners for the 2022 edition.
According to the organisers, the winners emerged through public online votes and while others were chosen by the judges. 70% of the Winners were selected by Judges while 30% were chosen by the public through the online Votes.
The names released by the organisers are winners with the highest online votes.
According to Ikechi Uko, the organiser of the event, the Africa Travel 100 Women’s award will hold on October 31st at Eko Hotels Convention Centre, Eko Hotels & Suites, Lagos as part of The 18th Akwaaba African Travel Market event
“First held in 2017, the Africa Travel 100 Women Awards recognizes African Women who have excelled in the area of Travel and Tourism. Some of the past winners served as Judges and sent their nominations. Every African Woman in Travel and Tourism Business qualifies for these Awards.”
Below is the List of the Top 30 Nominees with the highest online Votes for Africa Travel 100 Women Awards 2022.
1. Jessica Nabongo – First Black Woman to travel to every country in the world, Uganda/American
2. Charlotte Beauvoisin – Diary of a Muzungu, Uganda
3. Mariam Iyiola – Travel Lover / TravelWithMariam Nigeria
4. Aminat Akanbi – Triplister Tours (Nigeria)
5. Captain Ruth Karauri – Kenya Airways
6. Funke Ogunkoya-Futi aka Sassy Funke – (Nigeria)
7. Lydia Dentewo – Group General Manager, Lake Bogoria Hotel and Spa, Kenya
8. Boipelo Tladinyane Hlubi – Solo Traveler South Africa
9. Gladys Kosgei – Marketing Manager, Kenya Wildlife Services (Kenya)
10. Faith Wathome – Head of Hospitality, WRC and Tour Operator, Kenya
11. Winnie Kiiru – Elephant Conservationist & Chairperson Wildlife Research Institute, Naivasha, Kenya.
12. Dr Keziah Odemba – Director of Tourism, Ministry of Tourism and Wildlife, Kenya
13. Leah Assenga – Founder, Kitamu Africa, Arusha Tanzania
14. Anna Mwakasege – Captain, Air Tanzania
15. Maimuna Mohammed – Corporate Account Manager, Heritage Hotels, Kenya
16. Joyce Mbote – Owner – Asili Adventures and Safaris & Enkorok Mara Camp, Kenya
17. Rose Kiseli – Area Manager, Kenya Airways (Kenya)
18. Elizabeth Sasu – CEO, GH-Aviation Publication, Ghana
19. Peace Anyim-Osigwe, CEO, African Movie Academy Awards, AMAA- Nigeria
20. Jane Karanja – CEO Terra Madre, Community Based Tourism, (Kenya)
21. Amb. Dr. Pindi Chana, Minister of Natural Resources and Tourism, Tanzania
22. Mercy Onyango – Ecotourism Kenya
23. Stellamaris Miriti – CEO, Stejos Tours (Kenya)
24. Ann Cheptumo – C.E.O. Acheche Tours & Events Management. Kenya
25. Mandisa Magwaxaza – Founder at Molo Mhambi (South Africa)
26. Dr. Esther Munyiri – Director, for Global Tourism Resilience & Crisis Management Centre, East Africa, Kenya.
27. Fiona Ngesa – Acting Director, Market Development, Kenya Tourism Board
28. Angela Njehia – Director, Tierranjani Africa, 1st accredited food waste consultant in Africa and a Champion for Sustainable Tourism, (Kenya)
29. Joy Ogbeboh – MamaJ Aviation, Nigeria
30. Caroline Olory – Conservator of Park, Old Oyo National Park & First Female CP in West Africa, Nigeria.