The organisers of AKWAABA African Travel Market have announced a Partnership with Turkish Firm Turquaz Health Tourism as their Official Exclusive Partner in Turkiye(Turkey) for this year’s AKWAABA Event.
Turquaz Health is a Health Organisation in Turkey which provides the best medical solution to medical needs with the best quality facilities, cutting edge technology equipment, globally accepted medical doctors and internationally recognized credentials.
Turquaz Health founded by Idil Saguner and Sureyya Umran Alinak are experienced at matching Hospitals to the Needs of the Patients. They will be using their network and connections to bring the Best Groups to Africa.
According to statement from the Firm “we are very excited to be going into business collaboration with AKWAABA for its 18th edition of AKWAABA African Travel Market.”
Organisers of the Biggest Travel and Tourism Expo in West Africa have decided to give a lot of attention to Medical Tourism and Health Insurance at the 2022 Edition of the event. This is because of the Increasing Importance of Medical Tourism in Africa.
According to the Nigerian Minister of Information and Culture Alhaji Lai Mohammed who supervises Tourism, Nigerians spent over $1Billion on Medical Tourism in 2021. This underscores the importance of this type of tourism and the need to examine the Role of Health Travels in the Growth of Tourism and Travel.
READ: Tourism: Organisers Release 30 initial Nominees For the 2022 Edition Of Africa Travel 100 Women Awards
Turquaz Health Tourism is expected to bring in several Hospital Groups from Turkey to the event.
Turkiye is fast becoming the most popular destination for Medical Tourism with it’s Top grade Facilities and World Class Care System.
The Turkish Hospitals and Professionals will be Joining Hospitals from UAE, India and other Asian countries at the First Major Medical Tourism event in Nigeria at the 18th Akwaaba. Nigerian Health Management Organisations and Specialists Hospitals are expected to join them for this event.
The event is billed to hold at the Convention Centre of Eko Hotels & Suites from 31st October to the 1st of November, 2022.
Akwaaba African Travel Market is in its 18th Year and has grown over the years into the most important platform for Marketing Travel and Tourism in West Africa and among the Top 5 events in Africa drawing attendance from over 20 Countries.
Over 3000 visitors are expected at this year’s event from all over Africa.
There will be a B2B session on Africa Women Conference, 5th Africa Tourism & Travel Conference with the Theme: Payment platforms and Travel Business in Africa on the 31st of October along with a Panel Discussion with Experts from both Receiving Countries and Departing Destinations.
It has hosted Former President Olusegun Obasanjo, Former President Dawda Jawara of The Gambia, Former Secretary General of the Commonwealth Sir Emeka Anyaoku, Former Vice President of Nigeria Sir Alex Ekwueme, Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Senator Remi Tinubu, many Ministers of Tourism from different African Countries and some State Governors. Many Ambassadors and High Commissioners attend AKWAABA regularly.
This Year’s event will also host the 5th edition of the African Travel and Tourism Conference and the 2nd Edition of Africa Travel 100 Women Awards. This platform will bring together for the second-time Women Travel Professionals from all over Africa just as it did in 2017.
In 2017 AKWAABA African Travel Market hosted the Top 100 Travel and Tourism Women in Africa and this brought together for the first-time Women Travel Professionals from all over Africa with over 250 people in attendance. In 2018 it hosted the Top 100 Tour Operators in Africa and hosted the African Diaspora Global Awards in 2019.
The 2022 Edition will bring back the Top 100 of the Leading Operators, the Hotel Managers, the Ministers and leading Female Airline Pilots, Travel Media in Africa.
Meanwhile, the organisers have listed the first initial list of 30 nominees as its Africa Travel 100 Women Award Nominees.
1. Dr. Memunat Pratt – Minister of Tourism Sierra Leone
2. Lindiwe Sisulu – Minister of Tourism, South Africa
3.Amb. Dr. Pindi Chana, Minister of Natural Resources and Tourism, Tanzania
4. Ms.Winnie Muchanyuka – CEO, Zimbabwe Tourism Authority
5. Nomasonto Ndlovu – COO, South African Tourism
6. Ariella Kageruka – Head of Tourism & Conservation, Rwanda
7. Dr. Ifeoma Adaora Anyanwutaku – Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Information & Culture, Nigeria
8. Nzitonda Anastasie Advisor of Minister of Tourism in Cooperation and Investment – DRC Congo
9. Mrs. Pearl Hoareau Kakooza – President, UTA, Uganda
10. Hafsa Mbamba, CEO, Commission for Tourism, Zanzibar, Tanzania
11. Agatha Forsac Iyok – Cameroon International Tourism Fair
1.Yvonne Makolo – CEO RwandAir
2.Toyin Olajide – COO, Air Peace Airlines, Nigeria
3. Captain Amsale Gualu – Ethiopian Airlines
4. Captain Ruth Karauri – Kenya Airways
5. Captain Adeola Ogunmola Sowemimo – Qatar Airways, Nigeria
6. Anna Mwakasege – Captain, Air Tanzania
1. Meryanne Loum-Martin – Hotelier, Morocco
2. Grace Acheampong – Manager, Sheraton Hotel, Abuja
3. Mrs. Susan Muhwezi – Chairlady, Uganda Hotel Owner’s Association
4. Sarah Kirenga – CEO, Rwanda Hospitality Association
5. Rita Opiah – General Manager, Park Inn by Radisson, Lagos
6. Tekor Quaye – General Manager, Alisa Hotels, Tema, Ghana
TRAVELS & TOURS
1 Samrawit Moges Beyene – CEO, Travel Ethiopia.
2. Nike Macaulay – COO, Wakanow, Nigeria
3. Angela Martha Diamantino – KAMDD Angola
4. Joyce Mbote – Owner – Asili Adventures and Safaris & Enkorok Mara Camp, Kenya
5. Odion Chigbofue – Director, Tour Brokers International, Nigeria
6. Lyse Nancy Irakenuye – CEO, Explore Burundi
1.Maria Baryamujura – Sustainable Rural Tourism/ COBATI, Uganda
Africa Travel 100 Awards
The Africa Travel 100 Awards now in her 18th year has recognized over the years industry practitioners, leaders, and governments who have promoted tourism and demystified travel using unique platforms and new information. Some of our past projects include:
• Africa Travel 100 – Top 100 Travel Companies in West Africa- 2016
• Africa Travel 100 – Top 100 Women in Travel and Tourism -2017
• Africa Travel 100 – Top 100 Tour Operators in Africa -2018
• Africa Travel 100- Top Global Personalities -2019
Jollof Rice War
The Jollof Rice War is a now in its 5th year. It is an event that draws attention to our rich culinary resources in West Africa.
Akwaaba Delegates have access and face to face discussions with Many Destinations and Suppliers which includes over 300 Travel Professionals from Nigeria, West Africa and around Africa.
In 2019 Akwaaba had in attendance Hon. Sharon Palacio- the Mayor of Belmopan in Belize, Ms. Carol Hay – the former Director Caribbean Tourism Organization CTO UK, The Ambassadors of Ghana Senegal, Jamaica and the Trinidad and Tobago, Senator Florence Ita-Giwa, Fabien Anthony Co-founder Pan Africa Council, Alain St Ange Former Minister of Tourism Seychelles, Ministers amongst others.